The NFL draft is the focal point of the offseason. We are officially in draft month, time to look at what can transpire on April 26.
Teams are setting up private workouts and official visits with draft prospects. These give the draft community insight on what position and players teams are considering. After spending what felt like an entire offseason saying they won’t select a quarterback, the New York Giants are sure doing a lot of research into the position.
Reports are also swirling that the Cleveland Browns have not locked into a single prospect with the first-overall pick. It is expected to come down to either Sam Darnold or Josh Allen.
We are only a few weeks out from the draft. Here is a look at what could happen with a quick first-round mock draft…
- Cleveland Browns – Sam Darnold, QB, USC
- New York Giants – Josh Allen, QB, Wyoming
- New York Jets – Josh Rosen, QB, UCLA
- Cleveland Browns – Saquon Barkley, RB, Penn State
- Denver Broncos – Baker Mayfield, QB, Oklahoma
- Indianapolis Colts – Bradley Chubb, EDGE, North Carolina State
- Tampa Bay Buccaneers – Quinton Nelson, G, Notre Dame
- Chicago Bears – Denzel Ward, CB, Ohio State
- San Francisco 49ers – Trumaine Edmunds, LB, Virginia Tech
- Oakland Raiders – Roquan Smith, LB, Georgia
- Miami Dolphins – Minkah Fitzpatrick, CB/S, Alabama
- Buffalo Bills – Harold Landry, EDGE, Boston College
- Washington Redskins – Derwin James, S, Florida State
- Green Bay Packers – Marcus Davenport, EDGE, UTSA
- Arizona Cardinals – Lamar Jackson, QB, Louisville
- Baltimore Ravens – Calvin Ridley, WR, Alabama
- Los Angeles Chargers – Mike McGlinchey, T, Notre Dame
- Seattle Seahawks – Derrius Guice, RB, LSU
- Dallas Cowboys – Rashaan Evans, LB, Alabama
- Detroit Lions – Vita Vea, DT, Washington
- Cincinnati Bengals – Isaiah Wynn, G/T, Georgia
- Buffalo Bills – Connor Williams, T, Texas
- New England Patriots – Josh Jackson, CB, Iowa
- Carolina Panthers – Jaire Alexander, CB, Louisville
- Tennessee Titans – Leighton Vander Esch, LB, Boise State
- Atlanta Falcons – James Daniels, G/C, Iowa
- New Orleans Saints – D.J. Moore, WR, Maryland
- Pittsburgh Steelers – Justin Reid, S, Stanford
- Jacksonville Jaguars – Will Hernandez, G, UTEP
- Minnesota Vikings – Maurice Hurst, DT, Michigan
- New England Patriots – Kolton Miler, T, UCLA
- Philadelphia Eagles – Ronnie Harrison, S, Alabama
When draft night happens this is exactly how it will go down. Except it wont. There will be trades that shake up everything. The Buffalo Bills and New England Patriots hold multiple first round picks. Both are also being rumored to try and package them to go get a quarterback.
Buffalo is in a more urgent situation than the Patriots but this is the deepest quarterback class in some time, and both want to take advantage of it. The Giants hold the key. They will either take a quarterback or take a trade package of multiple first rounders that can set up their franchise for a very long time.